Reminders Are Not Working
Some Android devices have a setting that prevents regular apps from triggering notifications. These may differ because most of the device makers have their own versions of Android.
Please make sure your notifications are turned on in the application. You can also try to turn them off and on again:
- Go to "More" tab
- Open "Reminders"
- For Better Weight: Challenge reminders are set within the Challenge Settings
- For Nutrilio: Scroll down and tap on "Notification Overview", here is a list of all notification settings
We struggle to keep this article up-to-date with every variation of Android updates. The best way is to search the issue "push notifications not working" + add your phone brand.
Here are some common answers that might help you:
Reboot your phone
Sometimes the issue is only a temporary problem - a system hiccup. Rebooting the phone might fix it.
Review system settings
Sometimes you can have notifications enabled in the app, but they are disabled in the system.
- Open the Settings menu on your device.
- Then head to Apps & Notifications and then See all apps.
- Tap on the app on which you are unable to receive the pop-up notifications from the list.
- Tap on the app and then head to Notifications.
- Under the Show notifications menu, make sure that you have enabled the Pop-up screen.
- Toggle the Pop-up screen option if it is disabled or turn it off and on.
Battery optimization and power savers
- Devices with Marshmallow OS or above (Android 6.0+): Settings ⇒ Battery ⇒ Battery Optimization. Make sure the app is on the list of apps excluded from optimization.
- Huawei & Honor: System settings ⇒ Advanced Settings ⇒ Battery Manager ⇒ Protected apps ⇒ enable Nutrilio / Better Weight.
- Go to Settings -> Apps -> advanced -> Ignore battery optimizations, then find Nutrilio / Better Weight app and tap Ignore. Don't be tricked by the misleading wording, "ignoring" the app actually means to let it run, because you're telling the battery optimization function to "ignore" that app.
- Go to Settings -> Notification panel & status bar -> Notification centre, then find Nutrilio / Better Weight app, then activate "allow notifications" and also "priority display". You have to activate the priority part too to make sure you get notifications.
- Lenovo: Settings ⇒ Power Manager ⇒ Background app management ⇒ flip Allow auto-start for Nutrilio / Better Weight.
- OnePlus: Settings ⇒ Apps ⇒ gear icon ⇒ Apps Auto-launch ⇒ enable Nutrilio / Better Weight.
- OppO: Security Center ⇒ Privacy Permissions ⇒ Startup Manager ⇒ allow Nutrilio / Better Weight.
- Samsung: Settings ⇒ Security ⇒ Auto-start Management ⇒ Set Nutrilio / Better Weight to “Allowed”. Also, you will need to exclude Nutrilio / Better Weight from any of the battery optimization features on your device. For that go to Settings ⇒ Battery ⇒ disable battery optimization for Nutrilio as well as checking to make sure the Restrict background data setting is disabled.
- Vivo: Manager ⇒ App Manager ⇒ Autostart manager ⇒ allow Nutrilio / Better Weight.
- Xiaomi: Security ⇒ Permissions ⇒ Autostart ⇒ make sure Nutrilio / Better Weight is enabled.
If none of this helps, go to Settings > Apps > Select Nutrilio / Better Weight> Battery > then choose optimization and disable battery optimization.
Do not disturb mode
If your phone is DND mode your Nutrilio / Better Weightnotifications might be muted.
Head into Settings and under Sound or Notifications (depending on your specific Android device), review the Do Not Disturb mode.
Background data disabled
You’ll find this option at at Settings > Apps & Notifications > Nutrilio / Better Weight> Data Usage > Background Data.
App is restricted from running on the background
On Android Oreo and above, you have the ability to completely shut off apps from operating when you’re not actively using them. It’s included to disable apps that consume way too much of your phone’s battery life. It’s certainly a nifty addition that safeguards your phone’s battery life from poorly built apps.
However, it can also lead to problems if switched on for apps that matter to you. Unfortunately, Android can make changes to this on its own if it thinks it’s necessary. You should thus review the setting for apps with notification problems.
It’s located under Settings > Apps & Notifications > Nutrilio / Better Weight> Battery > Background Restriction.
Reinstall the app
Make sure to have your Cloud Backup.
You can try to uninstall the app and reinstall it again from the store.